Please, contact the EUVAS secretariat for information on actively recruiting centres.
Protocols can be accessed by clicking on the trials' names.
Trials actively recruiting:
- RITAZAREM (Randomised controlled trial comparing rituximab with azathioprine as maintenance therapy in relapsing ANCA-associated vasculitis) Recruitment started in April 2013. Detailed information is available at the trial website.
- PEXIVAS (Plasma exchange and glucocorticoid dosing in the treatment of ANCA-associated vasculitis) This is the largest international multicentre trial in vasculitis so far. The trial shall include 500 patients with ANCA-associated vasculitis with glomerular filtration rate of less than 50ml/' or lung haemorrhage. It started recruitment in June 2010 and will extend to over a hundred centres on three continents. Detailed information is available at the trial website or in the protocol.
Trials having completed recruitment:
- MYCYC (Randomised clinical trial of mycophenolate mofetil versus cyclophosphamide for remission induction in ANCA associated vasculitis). The first patient was included in June 2007 and recruitment was completed in 2011.
- REMAIN (long-term low dose immunosuppression versus treatment withdrawal for renal vasculitis). Recruitment was completed in 2010.
- DCVAS (Diagnostic and Classification criteria in VASculitis) the trial collects data prospectively in order to design and validate classification and diagnostic criteria for vasculitis.
- LONGTERM FOLLOW-UP A variety of questions are adressed by analysing the merged database of completed EUVAS trials.
- HISTOPATHOLOGY Renal histopathology from the clinical trials is correlated to clinical and laboratory outcomes and assessed for novel markers of prognosis and mechanisms of ANCA-associated vasculitis.
- GWAS The first genome wide association study analyses DNA samples from the clinical trials in ANCA-associated vasculitis.